Personal information collected by KJEX Pty Ltd is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). Personal information is any information or an opinion that identifies you or is reasonably identifiable and includes sensitive and health information.
KJEX Pty Ltd recognises the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information.
What is your personal information?
Essentially “personal information” means any information that can be used to personally identify you.
This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information and protected in accordance with this policy.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
• Post code;
• Email address;
• Telephone number/s;
• Any other contact detail you wish to provide;
• Profession, occupation or job title;
• Details of the programs, events, competitions or activities you may wish to participate in;
• Information you provide to us through surveys or online contacts;
• Information about potential supporters, sponsors or members from information that is publicly available to
help us develop our corporate partnerships;
• Information for statistical purposes about services provided and demographic data, so we can tailor the information and services we provide; and
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you in most cases, where reasonable and practicable. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
• Through your access and use of our website;
• During conversations between you and our representatives; or
• When you complete a registration application, expression of interest form; or when the law requires.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including;
• Law enforcement agencies and other government entities where this is authorised or required by law.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
KJEX Pty Ltd collects your personal information so that we collect hold, use and disclose your personal information to enable you:
• To participate in our activities, events and competitions; or in order to continue to provide and improve these services, programs, events and competitions to you as a participant, we require your personal information, in particular:
• To provide news, information, services to you and to send communications requested by you;
• To answer enquiries and provide advice about existing and new programs, events, competitions and opportunities;
• To process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
• To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction or a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
KJEX Pty Ltd will not disclose any of your personal information to anyone outside of Australia.
Online Activity and Social Media
You can also engage with KJEX Pty Ltd through social media channels, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media channels that KJEX Pty Ltd chooses to use from time to time. You can always control how you receive content through each website’s setting.
If we send you information by email concerning content that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with an email address by which you may request no future notices from that email. You can also unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links allowing you to access third party websites. We make no representations or warranties and are not responsible for the content that appears on those sites and does not necessarily endorse those sites. Please consult those sites’ individual privacy policies in order to determine how they treat information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and form unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of measures to protect your personal information including a network system firewall that is designed to protect information held within our computer network. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Your right to access and correct information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. If the information we hold is not accurate, complete or up to date, you can ask us to modify our records.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentially. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breached is an internal review. You may be contacted to seek further information to your initial complaint, if needed. At the conclusion of that review, you will be provided with a written account of the outcome and any measures we propose to take to address defects in our processes.
At any time, if you wish to have the matter considered externally, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the details found on the Commission website: www.oaic.gov.au
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
KJEX Pty Ltd (Kym Jones Exhibitions)
532 Marion Road
Plympton Park SA 5038
P: 08 8297 1688